Tuesday, November 13, 2012

crochet bangle



Nearly every time I leave the house I put on some piece of jewelry.  Now that I have a six month old who loves to grab everything I have to be very careful.  I can live without wearing a necklace and dangling earrings for a little while but I feel naked without the bracelet.  I made one of these so I could still wear something without fear of it grinding into her back when I hold her like some of my favorite cuffs would.  I also just like the look.


I found the yarn at the nearest Joann's (I can't exactly call it my local craft store since there is nothing here).  It's a cotton hemp yarn I found in the clearance section and I loved the color. 



It's quick to make and simple.  I started with three strands of one row each of foundation single crochet just long enough to wrap around my wrist with a little extra room and let the ends hang free.



Then all I did was braid them together and tie the ends.  I let the ends dangle with a bead on the end but I may try making one where I weave the ends in.  The yarn is stretchy enough that I don't need a clasp.  


I am also thinking about making a chunkier braid or a wrap bracelet with one long strand of foundation single crochet.  I'm sure I'm not the first person to make something like this but it's always fun to just wing it from your imagination.  Sometimes it doesn't work out and sometimes it does.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment