Monday, March 17, 2014

look book recycle


I had a Trunk Show over the weekend and thought I'd try something different.  I offered up door prizes of nail polish, hand cream and a nail file in adorable little gift bags I made from my retired look books. I've seen tutorials for this elsewhere using catalogs that are bound by staples down the center.  The look books we have are bound more like a magazine so I am using one page only.  Below I'll try my best to explain the process.

Here I've gathered my supplies;  look book pages I've removed, glue, an empty bracelet size box, yarn or ribbon and a hole punch for handles (handles optional).



 Place the outside images face down and fold over about 1" for the top. Glue top fold down.


 Line up the edge of the page with the edge of the box and wrap around.  Mark each corner, remove box fold page at marks and crease.


 Now line up the box about 1" from the bottom.  Don't glue anything yet or you will have trouble getting the box out.


 Fold the bottom as if you are wrapping a present, remove box and crease each fold.  A nice crisp crease will help keep things in place while gluing.


Glue the side seam first then glue the bottom flaps, stand up straight and press the seams with a small ruler or your fingers if you can reach down that far.


I decided not to put handles on these bags but you could by just punching two holes on each side and threading ribbon or yarn with knots on each end to secure.


I hope this is clear enough but if not feel free to ask questions.  Thank you and happy gluing!

No comments:

Post a Comment