Saturday, January 28, 2012

changing table


Whew! I can finally cross this project off the list.  This changing table was in need of some freshening so to pieces it went for a coat or 3 of paint.  Mint green, of course, to match the dresser that has been sent to the closet for the time being.  Some new hardware, shelf lining and presto.  Now I'll need to work on some baskets for the shelves to hold all those things you need handy when there's a naked, crying baby laying there.


Also had to share my big score for the day.  On a whim, and because I had some cash burning a hole in my pocket, I stopped at the local thrift store.  Of course I always head right to the back corner where all the linens are because I can always use curtains, sheets and tablecloths.  I was quite happy to find these bedding pieces.  The duvet and pillow shams will be perfect for sprucing up my tired couch when we finish the living room.  Soft blues and yellows, what more could I ask for at $10.80 to support the local SPCA.


No comments:

Post a Comment