Tuesday, January 10, 2012

a painted little nursery

It's been a very long time since I've communicated with the outside world so I thought I should show a couple of the projects I've been working on and share with you why I've been missing. 

We discovered a few months ago, much to our surprise, that we'll be welcoming our first bundle of joy this April, so preparations are in full swing around here.  In addition to other projects around the house, renovating two rooms, we are preparing a nursery.  Luckily the majority of the work is done. 

I've been wanting to paint this dresser for a long time and probably would have painted it white but since it's now for a child's room I figured I could get away with something more colorful.


I've always loved the color of this room.  This was the first room we tackled after buying the house and I knew long before we started renovations what color I wanted.  I went with a minty green for the dresser because, well, I had some left over from another project and I loved it with the pale sea glass walls.


I painted the nightstand to match which also coordinates with one of my favorite books I picked up several years ago at the local used books store.


I still have lots of work to do to get ready like finish painting the changing table, touch up trim here and there and crochet lots of cute little things for our new baby.  I'll try to be better about sharing with you all the excitement to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment