Wednesday, January 18, 2012

crochet pillow & love bug

Well, I'm finally starting to cross some of those projects off my list.  For  years now I've been thinking that my house needs pillows, lots and lots of pillows, so here's one for the nursery (I promise I'll get to the rest of the house someday).


I have to admit that I'm sort of a wimp when it comes to crochet, I always stick with the easy patterns.  One day I'll have to take the next step but until then I'll just wing it like I did with this pillow.  I'm a big fan of rows and alternating them with the back loop only.  This one is just that in a half double crochet.  What can I say, I like simple.  All along I thought I would do a shell stitch around the edge but when it came time to do it I wimped out.  The answer?  The picot stitch in, surprise, aqua.  Nice and simple.  Of course now I'll say that the shell stitch would have been too heavy but maybe that's just me making excuses. 


I also couldn't resist trying this little bug in that same aqua color.  This is the first little creature I've tried and I think I might be addicted.  I attached it to a simple little "blankie" of cotton and flannel but I think I'd like to add a little crochet trim to it (perhaps more picot stitch) but at the moment I'm not sure how.  I'll have to do a little research on how to add crochet to fabric like this.  So for now I guess it's on to the next project, which one will it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment